Pipes and drains may be unreliable, but our cover is one thing you can depend on.

Not covered yet? Get a quote for your plumbing and drainage.

We’ve gathered useful answers about our plumbing and drainage cover here, such as:

  • What this policy covers
  • How to book a repair
  • How long a repair might take
  • How long this cover lasts

If you’d like to learn more, see the full details of our plumbing and drainage cover.

What in my plumbing and drainage is covered?

Our plumbing and drainage policy covers you for a wide range of issues, from major faults to little nuisances. These include leaking or noisy pipes, blocked drains, non-flushing toilets, broken taps, and faulty cold water storage tanks.

Beyond the plumbing and drainage system itself, we’ll also ease the stress and hassle of repairs. If any surfaces are damaged by us during repairs, we’ll cover up to £150 per claim to restore them. And if we arrange a repair and your home is unliveable, there’s £200 per claim towards housing and transport for your family who live there permanently.

Looking for the full list of what’s included and excluded? Find out more about our plumbing and drainage cover.

How fast will you repair a plumbing problem?

Plumbing systems can be unreliable, but our cover isn’t. If you report an uncontrollable leak between 8am and 8pm, we aim to have one of our engineers there within 6 hours.

How do I book a plumbing or drainage repair?

If you have plumbing and drainage cover with us, all you need to do is call 0333 000 1415. Our helpline is open 24 hours a day, all days of the year. Once you’ve told us about the problem, you can pick a good day for one of our engineers to arrive.

Calls to 0333 numbers will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines and mobiles. If you get ‘inclusive minutes’ with your package, calls to 0333 numbers will be part of these.

How long does plumbing and drainage cover last?

There’s no fixed term contract, so you can keep the cover for as long as you want. Payment is by monthly Direct Debit, with the ability to cancel at any time.

Who can buy plumbing and drainage cover?

First, the home needs to be a private residence that you own in the UK. We can’t provide cover if you are under 18 or not a UK resident. The home has to be occupied by a single household. Boats, mobile homes, commercial premises and outbuildings are not covered.

How can I maintain my plumbing and drains myself?

If you’re keen to keep your water systems in good shape, there are a few simple actions you can take.

Get the full story on how to keep life flowing smoothly in our helpful blog articles.

Don’t let blocked drains drain your finances – drain care tips and tricks