Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us
When you create your account, you may have to import your plan by entering your plan number.
For some plans, this won’t be possible:
- Heating plans that aren’t marked as Silver, Silver+, Gold or Platinum aren’t compatible with online management.
- It also won’t be possible to import a plan if it has two addresses assigned to it (e.g. if your correspondence address is different from the address your protected product is in).
- Check the address on your account matches exactly with the address on your plan (including any spaces in your postcode).
- Check the format of your plan number. The first two or three characters can be letters or numbers, the last seven are always numbers.
- Check the letters and numbers are correct – the numbers 0, 1, and 5 can be mistaken for the letters O, l (lowercase L), I (capital i), and S.
- If your plan number starts with an ‘A’, try leaving it out.
You can request a repair from the repair manager. In most cases, we'll approve your repair immediately so you can quickly book an engineer for a day to suit you. And we usually take care of any costs directly with the repairer, so you won't even see a bill.
We approve more than 99% of requests instantly*.
While all repairs must be approved first, we’ll always deal with your request fairly. However, in rare cases we may, at our discretion, decline a repair that would otherwise fall within your protection plan. Your plan would then end, but don’t worry, we would refund all payments you made in the current plan period.
*Based on 133,168 calls between April - June 2016
Most plans do not have set limits on repairs (except for heating plans, which come with a total annual limit of £750 or £1,500).
However, if a repair is estimated to cost more than a set authority limit, the engineer will call us to get authorisation before going ahead with the work. This limit will be shown on your plan document.
Only if we advise you to. The work of our engineers is monitored and guaranteed, and we ensure they carry public liability insurance. That’s why we prefer all repairs to be carried out by our approved engineers.
If we decide your appliance is beyond repair, we’ll replace it with one of the same or similar specification.
We’re proud to say we replaced 320,000 appliances in 2016.
If we replace your appliance, you can choose to pay for professional installation and may need to pay any remaining plan charges. Please check your plan terms and conditions for more information.
No, you can request as many repairs as you need while your plan is valid.
If the repairer hasn’t told you what the next steps are, it’s likely they’re either ordering spare parts or confirming the appliance is beyond repair.
You should hear from them or us within 48 hours. But if you still haven’t had an update, please call us on 0800 561 4493. Open weekdays 8am-6pm, Saturdays 8.30am-4pm. Calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes.