Frequently Asked Questions
- Your replacement offer
- Selecting your replacement product
- Installation and disposal services
- Preparing for installation and/or disposal
- Additional help and information
Want help choosing and ordering your replacement? Take a look at our step-by-step walkthrough and buying guides
Still can’t find what you need? Contact us
Why have I received an email and/or text message about replacing my product?
As your current product has been written off by the engineer, you are being offered a replacement. The replacement email and/or text message contains a link to your replacement offer, which will include a selection of models that you can choose from.
If you need help with your offer or would like to discuss something further, please give us a call on 0800 561 4493.
How and when can I place my order?
Your replacement offer is available online at any time, but the products you can choose from may change over time due to stock limitations.
As stated in your plan terms and conditions, you will be able to select a replacement model with the same or similar specifications to your current one. You may also have the chance to choose an enhanced model with upgraded specifications for an additional fee.
Why do I have to pay for certain replacement options?
The models that are included in your plan have the same or similar specifications to your current model, and we are offering you these as suitable like-for-like replacements.
Alternatively, if you would like to upgrade your current model to one with enhanced specifications, you can do so for an additional fee (when applicable). For example, you may have the chance to replace your broken 32” TV with a 40” replacement TV (subject to availability).
Please note that not all replacement offers include the option to upgrade to an enhanced model. This is subject to appliance, plan type, and stock availability.
Why have I been offered products from different brands to my current model?
We cannot always offer you a replacement product from the same brand as your current model due to factors such as lack of availability, stock limitations, and model discontinuation. However, you will always be offered a model with the same or similar specifications to the one you currently have.
How do I know if the model I have chosen will fit?
We always offer you replacement options with the same or similar key specifications as your current model. If you are unsure about any of the measurements of your chosen replacement, please check your requirements against those measurements before placing your order.
How do I know that my order has been placed successfully?
Once you have chosen your replacement product and placed your order, you will receive an email confirming your order details. You will also receive a confirmation text from the supplier to let you know that your order is being processed.
Can I get my replacement product installed and my current one taken away?
Installation and disposal services are available for certain products and manufacturers. If you are eligible for one or both of these services, they will be offered to you as additional services before you complete your order.
Will you be able to disconnect my product?
We do not currently offer a disconnection service. However, if you have selected installation, the supplier will disconnect your current appliance as part of the installation service.
If you have selected disposal for a gas appliance, please make sure that this is disconnected by a Gas Safe registered engineer before disposal takes place.
Will my installation be carried out by a professional?
Yes. Our engineers have been through intensive training, and are all Gas Safe registered and skilled in electrical connections. Your safety is our priority, so we have made sure they know exactly what they are doing.
Will you install my replacement at the same time as my delivery?
If your replacement is freestanding and you qualify for installation, we will send your product out for delivery with our specialist installation team. If your replacement is integrated, then a specialist installation team will contact you to arrange installation.
Please note that the availability of the installation service depends on the replacement product you choose. Postcode restrictions may also apply.
How long will my installation take?
Although every installation is different, we generally ask you to allow at least 45 minutes for your replacement to be installed. Our installation experts are professionals and do this every day, so they will work as quickly and safely as possible.
Will the replacement fit through my door?
The protective packaging around your replacement will make the dimensions larger than those displayed when you selected the product. For example, the dimensions of an unpackaged American-style fridge freezer may be (H) 178cm x (W) 90.8cm x (D) 69.2cm, but with packaging it can be (H) 190.7cm x (W) 97.4cm x (D) 77.6cm.
With that in mind, please make sure that you have ample space to fit a box larger than the product you ordered through the door.
Do I need to do anything in preparation for installation and/or disposal?
If you have selected either installation, disposal, or both, please make sure that:
- Your current product is fully disconnected and ready for us to take away
- The driver can access your property easily and safely
- There is no furniture or other objects that may obstruct the transportation of your replacement into the desired space in your property.
Alongside these general instructions, there are specific steps that you need to take depending on the product that is being installed and/or removed. Please take care to check below for the information that applies to you.
- Your current product must be disconnected.
- Please ensure that all contents have been removed.
- Your current product must be switched off 24 hours before being removed to ensure it is fully defrosted before disposal takes place.
- We will remove the transit brackets and connect to an existing waste outlet and water supply within 1 metre of the product’s location.
- Connection will be completed to an existing 13amp power socket within reach of the product’s power lead. Connection will not be made to any cable extension leads, extended waste pipes or hardwiring, and we will not cut off the plug.
- The product will be tested and levelled if required. The delivery team will be unable to connect the product if any electrical or plumbing connections fail the delivery team’s testing or are considered unsuitable.
- The delivery team will not be able to overcome mechanical adjustments such as water pressure problems.
- Please ensure that your current product is disconnected and that all contents have been removed.
- The team will disconnect the old cooker, providing it is electric. They will connect to existing, suitable services within 2.5 meters of the product’s location and test.
- The ON/OFF switch must not be directly above the cooker and must be no more than 2 metres away from the cooker.
- The delivery team will be unable to connect the product if any necessary electrical supplies fail the delivery team’s testing, or if the required connection box is damaged, inaccessible, or not present at all. They are also unable to connect the product to any sort of extended cable or extension leads.
- Please ensure that any gas products have been safely disconnected by a Gas Safe engineer prior to delivery.
Important notice on access restrictions
If you live in a flat, apartment or building with more than one flight of stairs, the delivery driver may have trouble getting your replacement to the desired spot inside your property.
If you have a lift available:
- The delivery driver will be able to fully complete the delivery.
If there is no lift available:
- The delivery driver will assess the stairs upon arriving at your property. If it is decided that carrying your replacement up the stairs will amount to a Health and Safety risk, then the driver will deliver to the first floor only.
What time can I expect my delivery?
Our deliveries take place between 7am and 7pm. You will be contacted by the delivery provider on the morning your delivery is due to confirm your specific time slot.
How do I find out the date that my replacement is due to be delivered?
Look out for the option to select your delivery date just before completing your replacement order. In the event that this is not available to view or choose at the point of order, our supplier will contact you to agree a delivery date that is convenient.
My delivery has not arrived yet. What should I do?
We do everything we can to meet the delivery times we have given, but sometimes unforeseen circumstances prevent this, such as heavy traffic or accidents. If this is the case and there is an unexpected delay to your delivery, the supplier will let you know as soon as they become aware. Alternatively, you can get in touch with the supplier directly to enquire.
Our deliveries take place between 7am and 7pm.
I have already agreed a delivery date, but I want to change it. How can I do this?
You can rearrange your delivery by contacting the supplier directly, providing you do so at least 24 hours before your delivery is due.
Am I able to keep my current product and/or dispose of it myself?
Yes. If you have not selected our disposal service, then you can keep your current product and/or dispose of it yourself.
I have changed my mind – I want to order a different replacement. What can I do?
If you change your mind before your replacement has been delivered, you can call us on 0800 561 4493 for help and advice. If your replacement is in transit or has already been delivered, then you may have to pay an uplift fee to change your order.
My replacement product has arrived damaged or faulty. What should I do next?
If your replacement product is damaged or faulty on arrival, and you did not realise this until the delivery driver had left your property, you have 48 hours to report it. Please do so by contacting the supplier – they will do their best to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
Will my replacement product come with a warranty?
The manufacturer will supply a guarantee in addition to your rights under the Sales of Goods Act. In most cases, you will receive a 1-year warranty covering all parts and labour, but this may be longer in some instances depending on the manufacturer.
Registering your replacement product will ensure that you benefit from your manufacturer’s guarantee. You will also get the choice during registration to enhance your guarantee with longer-lasting and more comprehensive protection.
I have ordered the wrong thing! What do I do?
Not to worry – give us a call as soon as possible on 0800 561 4493 and our Product Replacement team will be able to help you.