Frequently Asked Questions
When you create your account, you may have to import your plan by entering your plan number.
For some plans, this won’t be possible:
- Heating plans that aren’t marked as Silver, Silver+, Gold or Platinum aren’t compatible with online management.
- It also won’t be possible to import a plan if it has two addresses assigned to it (e.g. if your correspondence address is different from the address your protected product is in).
- Check the address on your account matches exactly with the address on your plan (including any spaces in your postcode).
- Check the format of your plan number. The first two or three characters can be letters or numbers, the last seven are always numbers.
- Check the letters and numbers are correct – the numbers 0, 1, and 5 can be mistaken for the letters O, l (lowercase L), I (capital i), and S.
- If your plan number starts with an ‘A’, try leaving it out.
There are a few reasons your number may not be working.
Is the postcode different?
You need to use the postcode as it’s written on your letter. If there’s a mistake on your postcode, use the code from your letter. You’ll then be able to edit your details online.
Is the reference correct?
You can usually find your reference number on the top right hand corner of your letter.
The first two or three characters can be letters or numbers. The last seven are always numbers.
Have you typed a number instead of a letter?
The capital letter ‘O’ and the number ‘0’ (zero) can be easily mistaken for each other. The number ‘1’ can also be misread as the lowercase letter ‘l’.
Is the space in your reference number causing a problem?
Try entering your number with and without the space.
Are you using the number from the same letter?
The reference refers to a specific offer for a particular appliance. If you try to use the reference from another letter from us, it won't work.
If your product isn’t listed online, call us free on 0800 597 8600 and we’ll be happy to help. Calls may be recorded and monitored for quality and training purposes.